Tuesday 11 February 2014

Uni

Yesterday was my first day at University of Brighton. It's about a 20-minute walk from where I'm living and right in the central part of the city which is convenient for picking up groceries on the way home. One of the professors - or tutors as they call them here - showed me around the school. I had a brief tour of the printshop which is full of great equipment, and was given a little studio space (which has quite a nice view - a snippet of it pictured below). There aren't any classes here - it is mainly all self-directed so the students come and go as they like. I think it'll be a nice change to work in this kind of environment.


Today, after dropping into the school for a bit, I headed to the beach for a nice walk and some photos. It was lovely out!





I can't decide which of these last two photos I like better, so I included them both.


While I was waiting for supper to cook, I joined Mandy (another lodger here) and her friend April who were watching Grey's Anatomy. They both work in a hospital (Mandy is an Operating Department Practitioner and April is a recovery nurse) and they would occasionally give funny little anecdotes relating to their medical experiences. I've also learned that Mandy is a food-lover so she's going to show me some good places to eat around Brighton.

Another nice day, and looking forward to things to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment